Wednesday, September 19, 2018

To thrift or not to thrift???

That was the question this morning.
For the past couple of days I just wasn't feeling so well. My body hurt and the last thing I wanted to do was walk around a store. I couldn't concentrate. But this morning I woke up and I forced myself out of bed and out into the world.
I wasn't gonna stop by Goodwill but I thought what the hell. Once I was inside I made a B line to the purses which for our Goodwill there where a lot to look thru. There where a couple cute ones, I think a leather one(I couldn't find a tag) but nothing I don't think I could make money on. So I directed myself to the wallets. I usually never find anything worth buying but today I scored. I spotted a polka-dot, black and white wallet with this unusual name tag on the top. I picked it up and it said Marc by Marc Jacobs. NO WAY!!! It was marked for $3.99. Give it, it is a little dirty, but I think I can clean it up and sell it for twenty. Why not?
I looked thru the purses again and found this cute green messenger bag from Gap, very clean. I picked it up because it looks kind of vintage and its a crossbody and big. So well see.
I made my way to the clothes and I started think how do you start looking for clothes to sell. I figured I'm a large so look thru that and I would think larges are a more common size to sell. I found a Tommy Hilfiger pink shirt, clean.
So I scored a little haul today and I am happy with it.
I don't feel like I need to buy a lot right now(especially in the stores) but I should at least build up my inventory. Today is Wednesday so I have a few days till Saturday(garage sale) day and hopefully I can find more, for cheaper there. That's my goal. Find as much as a I can this weekend and build up my inventory that way.

On another subject, I'm praying this works and I can make a good amount of money with selling on Poshmark. Being a stay at home mom with school loans I need to find a way to make these payments. My sign business is ok but it doesn't cover my monthly payments. I'm not relying on this to make my millions but hopefully enough to make payments.

Happy Thrifting

No comments:

Post a Comment