Saturday, September 15, 2018

Garage Sales today.....kind of a dud today

Hello thrifters,
Well today was Saturday and my garage partner(my mom) and I had a list we thought would be great. But to be honest it wasn't, not like last week.
The deal of the day though was a woman's, light weight, black, Carhartt jacket for $5 dollars. They go for around $100. I've been looking for a light weight jacket that wasn't a hoodie, or a zip up sweater and I love this one.
I found a real cute plastic platter with blue fish on it from Pottery Barn, for only fifty cents. Its always nice to have platters around for parties or whatever and this is perfect.
I found a real leather off brand purse that's a crossbody and it holds a lot and that was two bucks.
So I didn't spend too much today which is always good and excited for what I found but there is always next week which I look forward to.

I started thinking after finding cheap, name brand purses and other things for so cheap, I want to re-sell this stuff. I tried here locally and it goes ok but I don't think I would get the best results if I where to sell everywhere. So I started looking around and looked at eBay and Amazon and those where just too complicated for what I need to do. Then I thought of Poshmark. I have bought a few things from the website and never had a problem.
I got into researching it and OMG, it is so easy and I started thinking I can really make some money from this. It all ties together things I like, from thrifting for the good stuff and then wanting to turn around and sell it. In one of my lasts posts, I found a Marc Jacobs purse at a garage sale for two bucks, well I started looking for what they go for on Poshmark. I saw some from between $160 to $50. I can totally do this!!!
Im gonna start collecting things around my house and start posting. I have name brand wallets, and jewelry and clothes I can sell and make money. Cause God knows I need to be bringing in some money for my family.

My husband works full time and does everything to support myself and our three boys and I love him for it. We make it work. We live paycheck to paycheck but we make it work. But for my sake I want to do this, I want to be bringing money in. Its a self respect thing. I have a small business making custom wood signs and I love that as well. I love being creative and working with my hands and this business is perfect for me, I just want more. I have orders pretty steadily but its not like I make a fortune. I would love to expand this more and that's what I am trying to figure out. So if I do something like reselling on Poshmark I think I can contribute more.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment