Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The itch....

I get a rush when thinking about garage sales, thrift shopping and or anything to do with a bargain. Its not the kind of rush when you find something on sale at Macy's or Nordstrom's, its the rush of finding a Coach purse at a garage sale for three bucks, or a FREE Michael Kors purse on someone's driveway. Im definitely not your typical girl shopper. I don't buy expensive makeup, I usually buy wet n' wild, or elf, not MAC or anything expensive. I don't buy expensive clothing. The most I will ever spend on clothing is something at Ross. But, when the time is right I can find deals at garage sales for clothing, kids cloths, purses and anything else you would spend regular price for at any store. 
Those are the highs I get when I am thrifting. Its the surprise of it all, the hunt, the unknowing. It just sends a rush over me that I cant explain. I know it sounds weird...….totally weird but I enjoy it. 
When I was younger I loved garage sales but I always cared if someone I knew saw me, or knew that I wore thrift clothes instead of the latest designer jeans. It seems like now people like the vintage looks and the older clothes and where else can you find those at, besides at thrift stores. So I guess what I have been doing for a long time is now normal. 

When I get this itch I just wished I lived in a bigger city. Like I have mentioned I live in a not so big town that doesn't have too many resources of thrifting items. I rely on garage sales more than anything but the season doesn't last too long. I have one Goodwill about three minutes away, a Hospice Thrift store that doesn't hold a lot of luxury items and that's about it. The biggest town is an hour away South and it has a lot, but driving an hour there, shopping for a few and then an hour back doesn't sound appealing. They aren't the greatest stores either but they're definitely better than here. The best place to go is where some of my family lives and there's a Savers there. But unfortunately that's two and half hours away. I don't go there very often but I would like to. 
So for now I'm gonna press on with selling on Poshmark and selling anything I can find worth selling. That brings on the thrill, the HUNT. I never know what I will find. 

Happy Thrifting 

No comments:

Post a Comment